The immune system is like a fort to protect the body against foreign invaders (or pathogens) like fungi or parasites, bacteria, viruses etc. Inimical entities are also be created from within auto-immune disorders and diseases like cancer. Proper immune function is an complex balancing act which nature has to carryout but with a little help. While functioning properly, our immune systems is able to discriminate effectively, between body’s own tissues and foreign pathogens. A weakened immune system inclines one to virtually every type of illness. If the immune response becomes overactive or misdirected it begins to target the body’s own tissues for foreign invaders and starts attacking them.
Immunity is influenced by the digestive capabilities and our ability to digest, assimilate and absorb nutrients in our bodies. In a healthy body where immune function is strong, any invaders are neutralized or destroyed and then expelled and normalcy is restored. If digestive capabilities are impaired by an imbalance, metabolism is affected and the immune response and natural resistance are lowered. If the body is unhealthy by stored toxins from undigested food, then an environment is created in which invaders are encouraged to thrive.
What happens when your immune system is compromised? You suffer from extreme fatigue. You loose appetite, your body hurts, you get ill often and this could be life threatening.
Immunity in Infants
For the first 4 to 6 weeks , Newborns are at high risk for colds or other infections since their immune system is functionally immature. Babies derive immune protection from the placenta before birth and through antibodies from the mother’s breast milk. But there are many germs they can’t fight off.
It’s vital to get the newborns build a strong immune system before they are exposed to cold viruses. A virus that is capable of mild illness in an older child or an adult can cause a more serious illness in a newborn. Homoeopathy is another way by which you can boost the immune system of a baby. An infant who falls ill repeatedly can benefit from homoeopathy as it will build the child’s resistance and his immunity becomes better.
Why Homeopathy to boost your immunity?
- Unlike antibiotics homeopathy does not ‘neutralize’ an infection , instead it strengthens the body’s immune system to fight disease or infection.
- Homeopathy is more palatable than many conventional medicines since the mildly sweet pills, powders or liquids are easy to dispense and consume.
- Homeopathy is effective on any problem associated with a compromised immune system or lowered immune response.
- Patient on Homeopathy regains appetite after few days thus helping the patient gain weight.
- Homeopathy helps control opportunistic infections associated with a compromised immune system.
- Homeopathy decreases the viral load after few months of regular consumption.
- Homeopathy is well tolerated in patients of all age groups and has been used by thousands of patients in several countries with no adverse effects reported.
Tips to boost your immunity !
- Physical exercise, walk, yoga, or any kind of body movement and stretching.
- Eat a balanced food and consume supplements to boost your immune system.
- avoid intoxicants like alcohol, smoking, and drugs.
- Unwind regularly, Rest and relax and learn to meditate!
- Getting Sick is however part of life despite all precaution. Do not be afraid to ask questions If you visit the doctor. If you are recommended an antibiotic for any upper respiratory infection like sore throat , bronchitis, sinusitis, or ear infection check if you can treat your condition symptomatically.
- Review your life-style and habits . Are you getting sick often and taking antibiotic regularly and if so have you risked a yeast or fungal infection?
- if you are taking antibiotic, stop and go on an antifungal diet instead. Because Research now shows that a fungus causes most chronic sinus infections.
- If you have to take antibiotics, Remember to take the full course. Do not be tempted to stop just because you feel better.
- If you have an understanding doctor, ask if you can take an antifungal medication with your antibiotics.
- Constipation can be dangerous . Antibiotics destroy the friendly, intestinal bacteria; once you stop taking antibiotics you will run a higher risk of infection by other, more hostile bacteria.