5 Suggestions of the healthy Old
If age is really a benchmark of experience and maturity, then nonagenarians (people living in heir 90s) are its embodiments. So what do they really have to say?
- If you want to live, you’ve got to make every moment count. But never take life too seriously
- Maintain a teenager’s infectious enthusiasm, the secret of staying young: feel like you’re 21.
- Stay positive by keeping yourself challenged
- Do the daily grind that gives a high, dont get undeterred by challenges.
- Anyone who wants to live long has to forget his body. Focus on what your mind wants and get involved
5 regrets of the dying
People anticipating death are plagued by these common shortcomings in their lives
- Living a life of others not self – they regret they did not dream and make choices of their own
- Spending too much of their lives on the treadmill of a work existence – missing out on their children's youth and their partner's companionship
- Did not express self – they hid their emotions, suppressed feelings to maintain relationships. In the end carried too much ill feelings that afffected their health adversly
- Missing out on friends – lost out on love and relationships in the end, they regret about not giving friendships the time and effort that they deserved
- Got Stuck in a rut – same old patterns and habits determined their whole life. Nothing new flowed