A small black mosquito bearing white stripes, called the Aedes Aegypti mosquito is the primary carrier and transmitter of this virus. This Dengue causing mosquitoe is active during the day. It populates during rainy season and the period following it (July to October in India). Its typical hideouts are water-filled stagnant flower pots, disused tyres, and water storage containers.
Dengue appears in two forms: Classical Dengue Fever and Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever. The patient develops the disease ranging from 3 days to 2 weeks (usually 4-7days) of being infected by the dengue bearing mosquito and the entire duration of classical dengue fever could last about 5-7 days before the patient recovers.
Symptoms of Dengue
• high fever with chill all of a sudden
• muscle and joint pains that is Severe
• frontal headache that is Severe
• Eye pain that increases with eye movement
• Severe weakness accompanied by taste & appetite loss
• Abdomen pain with nausea and vomiting
• Sickness feeling with depression
• nose, mouth or gums bleeding
• Blood in stool or vomit
General Management of Dengue
• carry out hydrotherapy if fever is more than 102°F (to bring down the temperature)
• hydrate in plenty, drink plenty of fluids.
• rest and continue normal food intake
• keep away from mosquito bite and infection, prevent others from catching this infection
• replace lost body fluids regularly
• to control bleeding, transfusions of platelets may be required (a kind of blood cells which become low in DHF and DSS)
Note: Symptoms of Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever need urgent medical attention. If any of the symptoms indicative of it develop, rush the patient to the nearest hospital at the earliest for appropriate investigations and treatment.
Homeopathy & Dengue treatment:
The following are the commonly used homoeopathic medicines for Dengue fever. However, it is advised that a qualified homoeopathic doctor should be consulted for proper treatment and care.
Aconitum napellus 30 - Usually taken during early stage of fever with symptom like; high fever (redness of face), severe headache, acute anxiety and restlessness, cold sweat, thirst for water at frequent intervals.
Bryonia alba 30 - for severity of symptoms like ; intense headache at the temples, head bursting sensation, eye pain, dry mouth with tongue coated white in the middle, Pain in joints, which gets worse during movement .
Eupatorium perfoliatum 30: - Chills preceded by intense thirst, severe soreness and aching in bones, nausea and vomiting, Sweating provides relief except headache. .
Rhus Toxicodendron 30 –- sensation of soreness and bruise in whole body, Severe aching of limbs and bones which is worse during rest and better while moving around, Chilliness with sensation as if cold water is poured, Extreme restlessness with continuous change of position. .
Echnacea angustofolia 1x Tablets: - It is known to cause stimulation of immune system and the active ingredients are documented to possess anti-inflammatory, anti-viral activity. Dosage 1-2 tablets twice daily. .